Friday, January 22, 2010

La La La La......Time Off

For working an "extra" job at work over the course of the past few weeks my manager has been trying to find some way to compensate me so she let me take a half day today. This was absolutely a delight to me because it meant I got to spend the afternoon with my baby boy. We ran some errands and finally came home to a bottle and a nap. I woke him up around 6 so he wouldn't keep sleeping and then wake up around midnight. Having a baby that sleeps through the night most of the time is great and I selfishly don't want to change that.

Once he got up we played and I had the TV on whatever it had been on all day. Around 7 pm the celebrity special for Haiti came on. I wasn't really paying any attention to it, but I noticed that Scott was. He would stop what he was doing to watch the singing. Stevie Wonder, Shakira, and Mary J. Blige stopped him in his tracks.

He has always seemed to have a love of music. When he was itty bitty (my term for anything younger then he is now) we would listen to kid music in the car and it would quiet him. Some songs would work better then others, but he seems to always enjoy listening to it. We also play a CD for him at night when he sleeps. Recently one of his favorite toys is this little thing that plays classical music. It has a round button and lights up when it the music plays. He gets so excited to see this toy.

His love for music this early in life may not mean a thing, but I'm hoping it at least gives him an appreciation for it. I think that music is a joy that should be shared with little ones and hopefully Scott will continue to want to know more.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I sit at the silly front desk too and my boss isn't as nice. :(
    Good for you Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo for your boss. I was supposed to have a 1/2 day Friday also and finally walked out at 2:30 because I had promised my son a pick up from school.

    Garrison loved music from the beginning and still does. Audrey likes singing to herself. It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete