Monday, March 1, 2010

I've Officially Lost It

Some days I think I have gone crazy. I am starting to believe that having a baby makes you lose all sanity. One day last fall I got an email from my cousin, she was getting married in April 2010. And then without really thinking about it (I may have run the idea past my hubby but I can't quite recall) I emailed her back and told her I would make her wedding cake. I guess I thought she would say oh no don't worry about it but no she went on to tell me what kind of cake and icing they wanted. Heart shaped, blue, and 150 people were all things that I was told...ahhhhh. What was I thinking??

Then somehow I managed to agree to run in a 5K with my brother in June. My 30th birthday is this year and my hubby has been planning away. So (I think to get my rear-end moving) my brother said that he would help celebrate only if I ran in this 5K with him. It's the same race that I ran with him 4 years ago. That was the last race I ran in before I pretty much gave up running. But here I am trying again. It's going to be a slow start but at least I have a few months before the big day.

Despite my craziness there are some things that remain the same. My wonderful husband who supports me no matter what I choose to do. My cuddly beagles that love me no matter what I say. And my baby boy who makes me the happiest mommy in the world.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Allison! I know you can run that 5k, bake a cake for 150 people, keep being the great worker bee at our work, be a great Mommy, wife and dog owner, keep up with the house work, help your Mom with her homework, keep all your finances straight, finish painting that bedroom, make a healthy dinner for your family and everything else a great working Mommy does. Gosh you know after re-reading all the things you do, that I know of, maybe offering to make that cake was a little crazy.... :)

    ReplyDelete